Are you using Qt6? There seams to be an issue w scaling in Qt6. I have noticed when I scale up or down an icon they are not as crisp as the same icon with the same code in Qt5

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022, 3:07 AM Alexander Semke <alexander.semke@web.de> wrote:
On Dienstag, 28. Dezember 2021 15:33:07 CET Alexander Semke wrote:
> On Freitag, 24. Dezember 2021 15:02:58 CET Méven wrote:
> > Naively, this seems to me like due to fractional scaling.
> > The application or part of it could have a ceiled version of the actual
> > scale, the same way wayland protocol has the issue.
>
> We're not changing anywhere the size or the scaling behavior of the toolbar.
> It's initialized through KXMLGUI-stuff and I don't see what is done
> differently in Kate and in Dolphin. But maybe I'm overseeing the relevant
> difference...
In case somebody is also running into the same problem, the solution is to add

<key>NSHighResolutionCapable</key>
<string>True</string>

to the build manifest (plist file on macos).

--
Alexander