List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Should we change how we approve developer account requests?
From:       Nate Graham <nate () kde ! org>
Date:       2021-08-16 16:49:20

While writing an email in support of a recent request for developer
access that I encouraged someone to apply for, it struck me as odd that
the sponsor can approve. I would expect the sponsor to approve or else
they would not have sponsored the application in the first place!
Instead, wouldn't it make more sense to require other non-sponsors to
approve too? This would create a meaningful review process and prevent
one person from approving all their friends willy-nilly.

Nate