On Saturday, June 12, 2021 3:27:47 PM CEST Milian Wolff wrote: > Don't use QDomDocument, Qt XML is deprecated. Use QXmlStreamReader instea= d. I still can=E2=80=99t find any indication that Qt XML is deprecated. Why do= people=20 believe that? It says: > Note: Qt XML will no longer receive additional features. ... But this is just a symptom of DOM. Elsewhere the documentation says: > As SAX classes have been removed from Qt XML, QDomDocument has been > re-implemented using QXmlStreamReader. This causes a few behavioral chang= es: >=20 > [list of changes] >=20 > If you use QDomDocument and rely on any of these, you must update your > code and XML documents accordingly. If Qt XML really becomes deprecated one day, I can just use another DOM=20 implementation without changing my algorithms. :) So, as long as my code is not finished and shows performance problems, I wi= ll=20 use QDomDocument. =2D-- > Alternatively, why not write a simple script for this using Python e.g.? = You > could even use XSLT for this purpose. I don't quite see what you need C++ > for here, personally. My project is written in C++, and needs to interface this functionality. So= , a=20 library with a C++ interface would be convenient. Transforming the SVG file with XSLT to a list of text occurences sounds lik= e a=20 good idea. Cheers, David