Hi there,

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 at 09:03, .. ink .. <mhogomchungu@gmail.com> wrote:
Greetings from Tanzania,

I have a project named "media-downloader"[1] and i would like to have
it as part of KDE. The project is a simple GUI front end to youtube-dl
and it can be used to download any media from any website that is
supported by youtube-dl.

Thank you.

[1] https://github.com/mhogomchungu/media-downloader

There is just a little problem: such an application is probably illegal to use in most countries. European countries do not punish streaming on free platforms, but video downloads are not allowed in most of them.

With that in mind, I have some reservations to have this under the KDE hood.

Regards, Myriam

--
Pronouns: she/her
Proud member of the Amarok and KDE Community: