List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Commit hookscripts operating only on commits from email addresses associated with a Bugzilla acc
From:       Nicolás_Alvarez <nicolas.alvarez () gmail ! com>
Date:       2020-08-13 20:33:43

El jue., 13 de ago. de 2020 a la(s) 15:49, Nate Graham (nate@kde.org) escri=
bi=C3=B3:
> On 8/13/20 12:19 PM, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > The only way to implement what you are proposing would be to have all
> > Bugzilla actions from commit hooks take place as a 'Bot' user.
>
> That seems reasonable in the abstract, but this would mess with people's
> commit stats since their own Bugzilla accounts wouldn't get the credit
> for fixing bugs. :)
>
> So here's an idea: close the bug with the committer's own Bugzilla
> account when an account is found that matches the email address in the
> commit. Otherwise, use a bot account so that the bug at least gets
> closed as intended. Could that work?

I think it could work, but it's not that easy to implement :)
Currently the hook code blindly sends an email to
bug-control@bugs.kde.org, it's all asynchronous. It doesn't know if an
account exists, or what Bugzilla does with that email once received.
To know if an account exists, we would need to make it use the
Bugzilla API...

--
Nicol=C3=A1s