List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: newer version of create_tarbar_kf5.rb?
From:       Thomas Baumgart <thb () net-bembel ! de>
Date:       2020-07-28 8:42:35

On Dienstag, 28. Juli 2020 09:00:36 CEST Alexander Semke wrote:

> On Montag, 27. Juli 2020 22:34:48 CEST Kåre Särs wrote:
> > > the version of the script on https://invent.kde.org/sdk/kde-dev-scripts/-/
> > > tree/master/createtarball was not touched for quite some time already and
> > > is not aware of invent.kde.org and maybe of some other recent changes. Is
> > > there something more up-to-date that can be used? Another script in
> > > another repo?
> >
> > Is this what you are looking for?
> > https://invent.kde.org/sdk/releaseme[1]
> Thanks! Works fine. Ticket template link is really helpful.
>
> In the output of the of script I see the message
>
> Upload: ftp://upload.kde.org/
>     kdecp5 labplot-2.8.beta.tar.xz ftp://upload.kde.org/incoming
>     kdecp5 labplot-2.8.beta.tar.xz.sig ftp://upload.kde.org/incoming
>
> Is it supposed to be uploaded automatically to upload.kde.org? This didn't
> happen for me and I think this is because I don't have this kdecp5 and this is
> not a function defined somewere in releaseme. Where to get this tool?

AFAIU, it is not meant to start automatically. The two commands have to be executed manually
which is OK in my POV so that you can dry run the creation of a tarball and test it before
you upload it.

For me on openSUSE kdecp5 is part of the kde-cli-tools5 package.

Since quite some time I use releaseme/tarme.rb to create KMyMoney tarballs and tagme.rb to
setup the tag once I am confident that no more changes are necessary just as outlined on
https://community.kde.org/ReleasingSoftware

--

Regards

Thomas Baumgart

Did you hear about the guy who got his whole left side cut off?
He's all right now.