List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: EBN Going Away
From:       "Friedrich W. H. Kossebau" <kossebau () kde ! org>
Date:       2020-05-06 15:15:57

Hi Allen.

Am Mittwoch, 6. Mai 2020, 16:56:57 CEST schrieb Allen Winter:
> In 2005 Adriaan and I setup a little service for improving code quality
> which we named "The English Breakfast Network" (ebn.kde.org)
>
> Sometime soon the server that runs the EBN will be taken down
> and I have no intention of moving it elsewhere.  We could have
> jenkins take over if someone wants to take that on.

Thanks for having provided that tool and the server. Countless commits
pointing to "EBN" or "krazy" show that it served a lot to improve quality of
the software done by KDE.

Myself still have made visits to ebn.kde.org also recently, so a bit sad to
see it go away now. Thus hoping someone(!=me) indeed will one day make the
non-clazy-covered checks to reappear on KDE CI, for convenient browsing.

> If you want to run krazy locally via command line see
> https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Code_Checking
>
> The documentation sanitizer also has a command line interface
> if someone is interested in documenting how to get it and use it.
>
> several Krazy checks can be done via Clazy these days, but not everything.
> I plan to continue maintaining the Krazy tools as time permits.

There is also a (unmaintained, but building at least) plugin for KDevelop:
https://commits.kde.org/kdev-krazy2

Cheers
Friedrich