List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to detect changes in the Proxy KCM?
From:       Stefano Crocco <stefano.crocco () alice ! it>
Date:       2020-04-14 8:46:18

Hello to everyone,
I just realized that right now Konqueror isn't respecting the user's proxy
settings made from SystemSettings (or from Konqueror Settings dialog itself)
because QtWebEngine doesn't know about them.

To set the proxy for QtWebEngine, I need to use
QNetworkProxy::setApplicationProxy. I've found that proxy settings are stored
in .config/kioslavesrc, so i could read them using KConfig, but:
- is there an official way to read them? If I use KConfig to directly read the
config file, how can I be sure that the way the settings are stored won't change
in the future?
- how can I know when the proxy settings have been changed so that I can
update QNetworkProxy::applicationProxy?

Thanks in advance

Stefano