Hi Ben, > On 11 Apr 2020, at 8:14 pm, Ben Cooksley wrote: >=20 > Hi all, >=20 > As part of the preparations for the move to Gitlab, and the rewrite of > our anongit tooling, one of the things we have looked into is how the > anongit network in general operates. >=20 > As part of this, it has been observed that the git:// protocol is > unencrypted, and thus vulnerable to intercept and manipulation by > hostile actors. >=20 > We have therefore decided that support for the git:// protocol to > access KDE Git repositories will cease following our migration to > Gitlab. >=20 > Going forward, all anonymous access should take place instead over > https, which is encrypted, and has the added benefit of offering > support for redirects (should those be needed) >=20 > Should anyone have any questions regarding this, please let us know. I am a former KDE developer but AFAIK my account and access have long = since expired. However I still hover on kde-devel, kde-games-devel and and Apple OSX = list (MacPorts users) and am sometimes able to suggest solutions to = problems that come up, for which I need read-only access to source code = from anongit. I have some questions regarding how things will work in = future. 1. Will the general public still have open access to browse KDE source = code repositories on screens? 2. Will I be able to clone a read-only copy of a KDE repository (I have = no intention of committing to central repos)? 3. Will I be able to do the above without having to know any account ID, = password or encryption key? Thanks and best regards, Ian Wadham.