From kde-devel Thu Dec 05 12:55:45 2019 From: "Alexander Semke" Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2019 12:55:45 +0000 To: kde-devel Subject: Aw: Marble, KGeography and Crimea Message-Id: X-MARC-Message: https://marc.info/?l=kde-devel&m=157555057332102
Google, Apple, etc. have to follow the asks from the Russian government and similar asks for "Greater China" and the like.
They have to follow this because of the commercial pressure. We don't have this pressure and show the official and
commonly accepted status.

Ukraine didn't change the status of Crimea. Also, according to the United Nations General Assembly Resolution 68/262,
the majority of the United States members voted for the "Territorial Integrity of Ukraine".

Until this is changed I don't see any reasons to adopt the free software as you suggested.

Gesendet: Donnerstag, 05. Dezember 2019 um 08:22 Uhr
Von: "Oleg Solovyov" <mcpain@basealt.ru>
An: "kde-devel@kde.org" <kde-devel@kde.org>
Betreff: Marble, KGeography and Crimea
Greetings.

I just found that Crimea belongs to Ukraine according to both marble and
kgeography, it's critical because our distributions are used in schools.

Crimea should be considered as disputed territory between Russia and Ukraine
since 2014.

For example, Crimea is shown at google maps Russian for russian users and
Ukrainian for others.

Thanks