List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: QT_DEPRECATED_BEFORE/KF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED_BEFORE_AND_AT=0x060000 considered harmful
From:       Allan Sandfeld Jensen <kde () carewolf ! com>
Date:       2019-10-24 19:51:34

On Thursday, 24 October 2019 18:52:34 CEST laurent Montel wrote:

> For example I rebuild all kde each week.
> And I think that other guys do the same.
> So perhaps CI will not catch at the moment.

Not with the lastest Qt. These macros break lastest and future Qt build every
single time. I have to patch out the deprecated macro abuse every time I test
KDE with a new Qt version.

> Who told you that it will keep broken ?
> If we show that it doesn't build we will fix it.
> I don't see the problem.

It will keep being broken every single time an API is updated and deprecated.
Which is every release, so yes it will keep being broken over and over, and
you are making it hard for people to test before official releases. Are you
sure you want to punish and prevent pre-release bug-testing?

'Allan