List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Can we agree to change gitlab default behaviour from merge to fast-forward merge for all repos?
From:       Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzer () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-10-14 18:22:33

Hi,

just asking in case I didn't get it.

I branch off of master and do a few commits in that new branch.
If I now merge the branch back to master and master had not seen any
commits in between, it's just relocating the master "tag" and all is fine.

If however, master had seen commits as well, fast-forwarding is
performing a rebase ... is that correct?

Wouldn't rebasing be evil because it rewrites history?

Cheers
Frederik