List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Portability of KDE Applications
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2019-08-22 9:42:06

On donderdag 22 augustus 2019 11:38:21 CEST Никита Сиргиенко wrote:
> > Are you only targeting Linux, or also other operating systems? For Linux,
> > appimage probably is the best solution since it is the simplest for the end
> > user.

> Well, we also trying to target on Windows - this is also bring other
> problems, but the application portability problems presents here too.

The qrc method helps quite a bit on Windows. For the rest, we assemble our \
deliverable using windeployqt which takes care of all the environment variables \
needed for Qt, and for our own plugins, we have special code so that gets found \
relative to the exe; same for resources we cannot package in a qrc file.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org