On Wednesday, 21 August 2019 18:18:10 BST =D0=9D=D0=B8=D0=BA=D0=B8=D1=82=D0= =B0 =D0=A1=D0=B8=D1=80=D0=B3=D0=B8=D0=B5=D0=BD=D0=BA=D0=BE wrote: > Hi all, >=20 > Has anyone had issues with KDE Apps (based on kde frameworks) portability? >=20 > I mean, the app can use different types of file: .rc, .knsrc, .png, > additinal binary files, etc > The problem appears, if you installed this files non standart installetion > prefix, like /opt. >=20 > Obviously, I can forward-pass installation prefix path, binary path, etc > from Cmake to the aplication, but I am interested, is there support for > situtation like this from KDE frameworks? >=20 > Just an example: the app have a few .rc files for menus, can I set > additional search path for kde core addons (better from cmake, but settin= gs > path for example from main.cpp not bad too, if it need done only one time= ), > and use not absolute path? >=20 > I know, that Kde apps more target to kde platform, but the application is= a > part of KdeEdu project, and portability is very important for us (for our > application), because we target for students, and the students often > haven't administration rights on work computers, used for education. >=20 > Best Regards, > Nikita Most KDE applications are very tolerant of unusual paths. Besides the various prefixes at build/install time, you might need to set=20 environment variables, particularly QT_PLUGIN_PATH and those specified by https://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html - Francis H