List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab Evaluation & Migration
From:       Ben Cooksley <bcooksley () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-02-27 9:47:03

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 5:18 AM Harald Sitter <sitter@kde.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2019 at 2:38 PM Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org> wrote:
> >
> > On zaterdag 23 februari 2019 12:08:05 CET Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> >
> > > * Is there anything we can have that can replace tasks and workboards=
? We usually have some very long-running tasks that get a lot of sub-tasks =
and that basically document our development process. One thing I've learned=
 with Phabricator is that project planning and issue tracking have nothing =
to do with each other.

> > Another thing here: what would be a good way to keep the really valuabl=
e information we've put in our tasks available? We have been tracking some =
big projects in phab's task system, and that information would be really ha=
rd to lose, but it would also rather suck to have to convert that manually =
to wiki pages or whatever...

> I suppose I could be persuaded to migrate all tasks again ;)
> As Eike mentioned the current boards feature is fairly limited though,
> so that may complicate things (a lot).

Fortunately we've already been linked to work done by others (FD.o,
GNOME, etc), so hopefully it'll just be a case of testing it on our
data, fixing any minor things we come across, then performing the
actual live migration :)

I haven't looked too much into that though as I wanted confirmation we
were going to undertake a migration before focusing on getting this
working 100%.

> HS

Cheers,
Ben