List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab Evaluation & Migration
From:       "Jean-Baptiste Kempf" <jb () videolan ! org>
Date:       2019-02-26 15:16:31

Hello,

On Sat, 23 Feb 2019, at 10:44, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> Based on all of the above we'd like to propose migrating towards
> Gitlab. Comments?

Just a small FYI from the migration of the VideoLAN community.

We're moving almost everything from git/gitosis, jenkins, trac, patchwork, \
mediawiki, gitweb to gitlab and gitlab-ci.

We have projects that are very very classical (ML + Patches, with people \
using only mutt to read) to projects that are MR-only, with no mailing \
lists at all. So far, the model works for everyone. And the CI is a \
godsend, especially after working with jenkins.

The only big downside, (besides some small bugs), is the bugtracker that is \
the usual "github issue" clone. Aka, not a bugtracker: no custom fields, no \
customization possible, horrible labeling system and people using it to \
track their issues (aka, I cannot read the documentation and read how to \
compile, which should be in the forum).

So far, the gitlab team does not want to address those concerns, and will \
add the required features in the non-open source edition.

The rest is great.

Best,

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf -  President