List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab Evaluation & Migration
From:       boud () valdyas ! org
Date:       2019-02-26 9:26:43

On 2019-02-26 10:13, Ben Cooksley wrote:

> No decision has been made, that's what this thread is about.
> I may have my personal views on what may be best, but that's all they
> are - my views.

I might be one of the few KDE contributors who actively likes
phabricator, but I'm all for migrating. I've had a number of questions,
but those have all been answered satisfactorily.

* can new contributors without push access to the main repos still
submit patches: yes
* is our phabricator history safe: yes
* I've seen one workboard per project, that's not ideal, otoh, the Krita
community early on went overboard with workboards, so we can make do
with that
* it's possible to add images to issues, so the lack of mockups isn't
that important -- we organized our mockups per task in any case

I'm still not happy with how issue tracking and project management are
conflated, but I guess I can live with that, as long as we keep bugzilla
for user bug reports.

We discussed this topic at yesterday's weekly Krita meeting, and
everyone agreed that we are in favor of moving to gitlab.

Boudewijn