List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab Evaluation & Migration
From:       Andrius =?utf-8?B?xaB0aWtvbmFz?= <stikonas () kde ! org>
Date:       2019-02-24 20:31:15

I use Gitea for my own arm64 server on SoC. In that case it makes sense as it
starts quicker and more importantly consumes less memory. So Gitea definitely
has its uses.

For KDE purposes, I think machine that hosts Gitlab will be more powerful anyway,
and it's probably more important that there is always upstream that can respond
to our support requests. I guess KDE sysadmins don't want to again end up in
"Phabricator" situation where they don't get any support.

And regarding using Gitea vs Gitlab, there are more similarities between these two
as opposed to Phabricator than differences. There are some things in Gitea that
are unsupported in Gitlab and somewhat more vice versa.

Andrius