List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab Evaluation & Migration
From:       Wyatt Childers <wyatt710 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-02-23 21:12:08

I'm not an active contributor. I am a developer though, who's employer uses
gitlab... Not a huge fan. My main complaint is it tends to be slow, and I
find the UI a little less intuitive. Recently they even broke copy and
paste site wide on their instance -- which was very frustrating.

I recently stumbled upon this project: https://github.com/go-gitea/gitea

I would pose it as an alternative that's very familiar feeling to GitHub,
and written in a much more efficient language (Go vs Ruby), which should
result in a lower operating cost.

I want to be clear, I am very appreciative that many projects have been
working to evaluate GitLab, and I don't think it's the worst option. I just
wanted to pose this as well to the community as well. More informatively
than anything else.

Best,

Wyatt