List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Gitlab Evaluation & Migration
From:       Konstantin Kharlamov <hi-angel () yandex ! ru>
Date:       2019-02-23 13:49:25

χ σ , 23 ΖΕΧ. 2019 Χ 2:08 ππ (PM), Boudewijn Rempt
<boud@valdyas.org> ΞΑΠΙΣΑΜ:
> On zaterdag 23 februari 2019 10:44:11 CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
>
>>  https://notes.kde.org/p/gitlab-evaluation-notes
>
> A few notes on my side:
>
> * Krita has been using the mockup functionality extensively. We would
> miss that functionality, as we actually do UX design for our new
> features.
>
> * It's ages since I used gitlab myself (2015, I think), but I've
> always found the ease with which a patch can be submitted for a repo
> a good thing in phabricator.

As someone who uses gitlab on a dayjob I can tell it's pretty easy too.
With disregard to server interface you do `git push my-fork HEAD`,
right? Now, when you push to gitlab server, you get in the git output a
link that refers to creating a merge request to upstream. You just
click it, and then in a browser press "Ok".