List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Building KDE (phonon-vlc) fails
From:       Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzer () kde ! org>
Date:       2018-12-09 9:18:42

Hi,

please forgive my ignorance. It has been ages since I last built KDE from
sources.

Using kdesrc-build, the phonon-vlc package fails on cmake with the following
error:
    -- Checking for module 'libvlc'
    --   Found libvlc, version 3.0.4
    CMake Error at cmake/FindLIBVLC.cmake:106 (message):
      Could not find LibVLC

Found, but not found? Maybe it is looking for a different version?

libvlc-dev is installed on Kubuntu 18.04.

Any idea on what I am missing here?

Cheers
Frederik