Am Freitag, 28. September 2018, 11:15:52 CEST schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau: > Am Freitag, 28. September 2018, 01:03:01 CEST schrieb Albert Astals Cid: > > El dijous, 27 de setembre de 2018, a les 21:01:13 CEST, Friedrich W. > > H. > Kossebau va escriure: > > > One would recommend to run clazy over your code at least before > > > releases, to catch all kind of potential issues :) > > > > Or since this is a crasher, just run your app and it'll crash? > > > > Or even better, add autotests that exercise the code and they'll > > crash too? > s/Or/And/ ? :) > > BTW, not necessarily a crasher, the references can point to random > data which still can get interpreted into proper QString data, which > will "only" deliver bogus string results (or by chance even "correct" > one if it's still the old data at the used memory), but not trigger a > crash, as no data is changed, as the reference is only read from. At > least from what I remember to have seen. > > ASan seems to help here though, I think I fixed at least one such bug > due to ASan throwing up use-after-free or similar on KDE CI and thus > pointing out the issue. > To add to that, the most recent instance I fixed was from 2016 and was triggered by some new changes introducing (AFAICS) no fault of their own. They just shuffled things around enough to trigger the latent bug. > Cheers > Friedrich