List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdesrc-build: cmake should take local (instead of system-wide) cmake modules
From:       "gregor.mi.sw" <codestruct () posteo ! org>
Date:       2018-05-08 20:40:39

Hello,

I have a question regarding kdesrc-build and CMake.

I setup the build environment variables and ran kdesrc-build and got a compiler error kinfocenter.

I investigated /home/gregor/kde/src/build/kde/workspace/kinfocenter/CMakeCache.txt and found the
following lines

     //The directory containing a CMake configuration file for KF5Service.
     KF5Service_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib64/cmake/KF5Service

     //The directory containing a CMake configuration file for KF5Solid.
     KF5Solid_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib64/cmake/KF5Solid

     //The directory containing a CMake configuration file for KF5Wayland.
     KF5Wayland_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib64/cmake/KF5Wayland

The directories of the needed KF5 frameworks point to the system wide installed ones.

I removed the system-wide devel package for solid (because it caused the compiler error) and ran
kdesrc-build again:

     //The directory containing a CMake configuration file for KF5Service.
     KF5Service_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib64/cmake/KF5Service

     //The directory containing a CMake configuration file for KF5Solid.
     KF5Solid_DIR:PATH=/home/gregor/kde/usr/lib64/cmake/KF5Solid

     //The directory containing a CMake configuration file for KF5Wayland.
     KF5Wayland_DIR:PATH=/usr/lib64/cmake/KF5Wayland

Now it shows the correct (local) path for solid (but not the other ones). Is there an environment
variable or something I have to set to tell Cmake to always look for local modules first?

Gregor