List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GSoC Project Proposal: Make High-DPI awesome
From:       Martin Bříza <mbriza () redhat ! com>
Date:       2017-03-22 10:25:43

On Wed, 22 Mar 2017 11:19:17 +0100, Stefan Derkits <stefan@derkits.at>
wrote:
> On 2017-03-22 08:03, Thiago Macieira wrote:
>> Note that fractional scaling is not supported by Qt. You can do 1x or
>> 2x, but
>> nothing in-between.
>
> KDE System Settings allow fractional scaling. So probably should be
> fixed in System Settings (except there are other Toolkits that support
> fractional scaling).
>
> Stefan

Qt does support fractional scaling (and quite well, in my opinion). Try
using QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1.35 for example.

Meanwhile KDE System settings allows you to set some scaling that seems
fractional, however it's not. In the range of 1.0-1.4 you're just making
your fonts bigger and at 1.5 widgets are suddenly scaled 2x.