List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: baloo metadata scrapers
From:       Vishesh Handa <me () vhanda ! in>
Date:       2016-10-07 8:44:02

Hey Martin

Baloo is only designed for searching for files. It is not a meta-data
store. If the data you're extracting is present in the file, then it
could potentially be added to Baloo.

The important thing to look at is how to present the data, and how
does the data help in searching. For example - providing the name of
an actor in a movie could make the movie popup when searching for that
name. This is great, however, the user needs to be given a clear
explanation of why that file is in the search results.

Our main search interface, krunner, isn't designed to provide this
additional context. Therefore, adding actor information, is not
something I would want to ship.

--
Vishesh Handa