List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Could we enable Travis-CI on our github mirrors?
From:       Teo Mrnjavac <teo () kde ! org>
Date:       2016-04-21 5:56:25

On giovedì 21 aprile 2016 00:07:23 CEST Elvis Angelaccio wrote:
> > El dimecres, 20 d'abril de 2016, a les 23:00:26 CEST, Elvis Angelaccio va
> >
> > escriure:
> >
> > va

> > builds

> > sysadmins.

> > github

> > account.

> > one

> > > Well I did ask, but those deps are not available in the Ubuntu
> >
> > repositories
> >
> > > currently used by Jenkins.
> > > Maybe a solution could be to install them from source/manually, but that
> > > requires work from the sysadmins, who have already enough in their
> > > plate.
> >
> > I see. Maybe you can offer to help them?
>
> Not sure I have enough skills (especially now that we use docker), but I
> can ceirtainly try. Should I contact Ben?
>
> > > I did not start a new CI, I was basically playing with travis for fun.
> >
> > But
> >
> > > then it turned out that it could solve an issue I have. The travis
> > > infrastrucure is already there, why not use it if one or more projects
> > > could benefit? Seems a win-win to me.
> >
> > As a release team member i won't look at the github CI
> >
> > I will look at our official one, but you will look at the github one since
> > for
> > you "it's better"
>
> I never said it's better. I think it would be a nice addition, doesn't mean
> that I would stop looking at our main CI
>
> > I can see this creating problems, like for example build.kde.org passing
> > and
> > githubCI not passing and you getting mad at me because we released
> > something
> > that doesn't work.

Can we call things as they are please? The name is "Travis CI", not
"githubCI". Travis CI is open source, a separate product and service that
happens to talk to GitHub.

And why would anyone get mad? With what Elvis proposed, KDE CI would stay the
main CI solution for all KDE projects.

--
Teo Mrnjavac
http://teom.org | teo@kde.org