List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fwd: [kde] Getting Started
From:       Myriam Schweingruber <myriam () kde ! org>
Date:       2016-03-03 15:18:45

Forwarding to the KDE development ML, as it is more suitable there
than in the KDE support ML, targeted at end users. Note that most KDE
projects have a specific mailing list as well.

Valeriu: you should explore the various projects that came up with
suggestions, choose one and then get to know the team behind it. All
KDE projects value contributions from prospective GSoC students before
any decision. so the ball is in your camp. As for which project you
want to choose, that is entirely up to you, whatever suits you better.
You can find plenty of guidelines to KDE development in our wiki
pages, and of course I suggest you actually run the project
applications to have an idea what is required. May I also suggest you
have some readings before? Then maybe this is a good start:
http://blogs.fsfe.org/myriam/2013/04/15/so-you-want-to-be-a-summer-of-code-student/

Hope that helps.

Regards, Myriam

PS. Top-post is intentional