List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: hiring kde theme developer
From:       Stéphane ancelot <sancelot () numalliance ! com>
Date:       2015-11-12 14:03:22

On 10/11/2015 16:15, Thomas Lübking wrote:
> On Dienstag, 10. November 2015 15:51:21 CEST, Stéphane ancelot wrote:
>
>> Ok, I gave it a try, we may tune what is needed, but unfortunately. We
>> found nothing for the panel background color.
>
> The panel is done by an svg theme, please don't start a flamewar (on
> this list) about "why the panel is styled differently" (it *will* turn
> into a flamewar)

Thanks, I have been in touch with breeze theme developer, I will write a
set of needed features.

>> concerning the dashboard, that does not work with touchscreen.
> What "dashboard" - the actual "dashboard"? Gone in KF5 anyway.

Yes, the actual dashboard. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktDpkuEj3X4)
I won't debate why it is no more available, but I will give my opinion.
Regarding my need "It is a shame" comparing to menu launcher, because
regarding touch applications , it is a very easy and efficent way to
propose applications to the user.The operator lowers the main
application and has access to system apps.
The set of user/operator applications is very small. (browser, printing
setup, file manager, office apps, email reader)
Is there an equivalent application to dashboard compatible with kf5 ?

>> It seems crazy since the launcher is working fine.
> Probably because it relies on input grabbing and the touchdevice isn't
> grabbed (but that's a wild guess only)
>

>> hmmm...please can you remember me this post, because I have not
>> managed doing it.
>
> https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=129137#p344861
I had seen it ... but editing themes is a bit out of my job.