List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Phabricator Questions
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2015-10-29 11:24:39

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 8:52:14 PM CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 6:55 AM, Milian Wolff <mail@milianw.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Milian,

> >> Phabricator is extremely customisable, on a per-user basis in this
> >> regard. Please use the Dashboards application to create a personal
> >> dashboard, which you can then set as the front page. These dashboards
> >> can then be shared with other users if you wish.
> >
> > That is nice!
> >
> > For others: You first need to create custom queries, then you can select
> > them in the dashboard. Not very intuitive, but it seems to work:
> >
> > https://phabricator.kde.org/dashboard/manage/8/
> >
> > This brings me to another question: What is a project on Phabricator? Just
> > a collection of tasks and people?
>
> Essentially it is, yes.
>
> > I don't seem to be able to associate repositories with a project or vice
> > versa, so one needs to manually lists repositories in a commit feed,
> > right?
>
> Repositories are associated with projects from the repository editor
> interface. Unfortunately as this same screen offers the controls for
> disabling force pushes and controlling who can push to the repository,
> this can only be changed by Sysadmins.

OK, thanks. I've reported a few tickets for that then.

Another question: I've configured the kdevelop dashboard to be visible to
everyone, but I still get a login page for it:

https://phabricator.kde.org/dashboard/view/8/

In general, can we configure Phabricator somehow to be more open _by default_?
I don't want to force people to login just to look at what's going on in KDE
land.

Thanks
--
Milian Wolff