List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Phabricator Questions
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2015-10-28 17:55:45

On Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:14:22 AM CET Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:47 PM, Milian Wolff <mail@milianw.de> wrote:
> > Hey all,
>
> Hi Milian,
>
> > I got a few questions regarding Phabricator, can anyone answer them for
> > me:
> >
> > * Can I merge a change request using the web UI? If not, how exactly do I
> > use arc to merge a request I know via it's phabricator URL?
> >
> > * On the main website (https://phabricator.kde.org/) the dashboard shows
> > me an "Unbreak Now!" list with tasks from WikiToLearn and GCompris, both
> > of which I'm not interested in. How do I configure this list? In general,
> > is there a way for me to configure phabricator such that it only lists
> > stuff that I'm actually interested in? With KDE on Phabricator becoming
> > larger and larger, I fear I'll drown in unrelated stuff.
> >
> > * In general, is there a way to configure the main website more to my
> > likings, to show queries I'm actually interested in? That would solve the
> > above.
>
> Phabricator is extremely customisable, on a per-user basis in this
> regard. Please use the Dashboards application to create a personal
> dashboard, which you can then set as the front page. These dashboards
> can then be shared with other users if you wish.

That is nice!

For others: You first need to create custom queries, then you can select them
in the dashboard. Not very intuitive, but it seems to work:

https://phabricator.kde.org/dashboard/manage/8/

This brings me to another question: What is a project on Phabricator? Just a
collection of tasks and people?
I don't seem to be able to associate repositories with a project or vice
versa, so one needs to manually lists repositories in a commit feed, right?

Cheers
--
Milian Wolff
mail@milianw.de