List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Hi Guys let me introduce our project the Br-print Printer Host
From:       Mario Fux <kde-ml () unormal ! org>
Date:       2015-10-20 15:40:13

Am Montag, 19. Oktober 2015, 22.39:37 schrieb Razgriz:
> Hi folks,

Morning Razgriz and Co

(CCing you as I'm not sure you're subscribed to this list ;-)

> The simple act of write this is a great mark on that
> incredible jorney of develolping a printerhosttotallyGpl designed for
> Gnu Linux made with C++ and QT.
>
> Well, this program is still a pre-alpha release but was already tested
> with great results on long run prints, and a great event *(Latinoware
> 2015). Now let me introduce ourselves and talk a little bit of our plans
> about this very exciting open future.
>
> Guilherme Razgriz - Lead Interface designer and Concept Artist / 3d
> Print Expert. *(Ow! Thats Me! Hehe) Well, working with Free Software
> since 1996 i saw the born of great things specially on the free computer
> graphics universe=], working and contributing with Gimp, INkscape,
> Blender, Krita and many others i just travel around my country and many
> others teaching it to everyone that wanna learn and since 2012 working
> with 3d Printing making the same thing i just got the point that any
> printer host that i tested just wont delivery the finest experience to
> final users or makers by several reasons just like crashes, Several
> interface design problens, bad code quality on open cases and many other
> issues, so in this cenary i decided to try that challenge and called
> some people to help it really happen!
>
> So now its time to present these two guys that make the other part of
> its magic and our Sponsor at KDE. =]
>
> Lays Rodrigues - Interface builder and Ux Organizer - Pandora *(Br-Print
> Gui) Lays is a young programmer that say a huge YES to the challenge and
> had the brillant idea of use QT to make the gui of the program using the
> blocks so it gave us a lot of time to get focus in resolve other issues
> and testing until the printer bring it guts hehe, she is a college
> student in a small city here in Rio de Janeiro State *(yeah...not just a
> city hehe) and just wanna learn at maximum and deliver a great Job.
>
>   Ayrton Cavaliery - KI Lead Programmer *(Ki- Print Kernel) Ayrton is
> just another young programmer that is just our big brain behind the
> stability of the program making the magic behind C++, in case he is a
> student too of the same university of Lays and just wanna make the
> universe of 3d printing more acessible for everyone.
>
> Our SPonsor here: Tomaz from KDE - BRAZIL Well, i met him for the first
> time around 2005- 2006 on an event in Brazil and talk about Kde
> interface and other issues, at the last Latinoware *(latinoware.org)
> Lays just introduce him to our project and he really like it so he made
> the invite to bring us here and here we are! =]

And you're most welcome. I'm curious. Is there somewhere more information, is
there some code?

I hope you'll enjoy to become part of KDE and don't hesitate to ask any
questions but I see you've already a great sponsor for your incubation.

> For now and the future : We just wanna delivery simply the BEST printer
> host that we can do and with a lot of hard work and tenacity build a
> great slicer when we get time and resources to do it =]. SO we hope have
> great times here, learn a lot and boost this great adventure to make 3d
> printing more and more acessible =] Best regards, Br-print3D Team!

griits
Mario, Rigidbot Big (3d printer) owner ;-)