List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Porting tutorials over to KF5
From:       RISHABH GUPTA <rishabh9511 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-09-20 17:23:43

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Sun, Sep 20, 2015 at 10:08 PM, Albert Astals Cid <aacid@kde.org> wrote:

> El Dissabte, 19 de setembre de 2015, a les 09:55:17, Juan Carlos Torres va
> escriure:
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I've started porting some of the "Basics of KDE 4 Programming" tutorials
> > over to KF5 code[1] just to get the ball rolling on updating our docs.
> They
> > are basically just a direct port of the code found in the main tutorials,
> > with some annotations and references to porting guides or API docs.
>
> Who is the target of these tutorials?
>
> I understand it's newbies. If it's for newbies, i think the notes about "
> no
> more KApplication" and stuff add confusion instead of clarification,
> newbies
> don't care how it used to be coded, they just want to learn how to code.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Cheers,
>   Albert
>

> > Admittedly, I went in half blind since I'm not all that familiar with
> > development myself. It was for both learning and documenting that
> process.
> > The KIO stuff in Saving and Loading was particularly tricky and I'm not
> > completely sure I did it correctly (It only works with local files, for
> > one).
> >
> > Hoping someone could give those a look and make the necessary
> corrections.
> > And maybe then we can fill it up with more meat like the KDE 4 versions.
> > There are still a lot of stuff in Techbase that probably need dusting up
> > but I had to start from the beginning and the easiest ones. ;)
> >

> > 1.
> > https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/First_program/KF5

According to the frameworks porting note
 https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Porting_Notes#Message_Box

Kmessage box is no longer a class its  a namespace and all the function
have been either moved to kdelibs4support as kmessagebox_queued.h or to
kwidgetsaddons as kmessagebox.h,so i guess instead of including kmessagebox
we will have to include the above mentioned files .Correct me i am wrong.

cheers,
rishabh