List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Implementing "translation in context"
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-09-18 11:35:19

On Freitag, 18. September 2015 09:17:16 CEST, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:

> The most difficult part in my opinion is how to mark (or decorate)
> the translated string, so that it can respond to a Ctrl+Click event.

You need a plugin for the (every, could be a11y stuff?) Qt client that provides an \
IPC (dbus) interface/object/method to respond "stringAt x y" and which searches the \
QWidget/QtQuick item stack top down for the first thing that has some text.

You then intercept mouse events (grab the mouse) and ask the client under the mouse \
in its local coordinates. Then use the reply for your translation service.

Cheers,
Thomas