List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KScreenGenie stable release
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-08-09 19:30:44

On Sonntag, 9. August 2015 21:20:03 CEST, Boudhayan Gupta wrote:

> Will this work on hide() as well
Yes.

> or is there no actual difference between closing a window and hiding it?
Not in this regard. The window gets unmapped, that all what matters here.
(There're, however, in general differences between "hide()" and "close()")

> I'm timing out for 200 msec because that's what KSnapshot does too.
Legacy code - it'll also be (in a way) required on uncomposited environments (because \
there can be some time between the unmap call and the server reaction) and may "help" \
on other compositors.

Since closing animations can however easily take 500ms, it's not sufficient to cover \
them. (And instead waiting for ages until the window animation *may* have ended, we \
added this hint instead)

Cheers,
Thomas