List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Need help getting started | plasma 5 touchscreen support
From:       Tristan Hartmut Wettich <tris.devel () gmx ! de>
Date:       2015-05-26 12:35:59

Hello KDE developers,

I'm new here and I need a bit help getting started. My name is Tristan
Wettich, I'm from germany.

I've upgraded to plasma 5.3 last weekend and I'm stunned (It's awesome!)
but also a little bit disappointed that plasma 5 didn't improve
touchscreen input/features/support/gestures. Indeed plasma 5 is
amazibgly stable - except for using a touchscreen.. If I use it, plasma
5 crashes every several minutes.

I want to help improve touchscreen support in kde. What I need to know
is: Which projects take care about input devices? Where can I start?

I'm studying informatics and learned C++ last year. I'm not yet familiar
with qt framwork, but it's only a matter of time.

What kde's touchscreen needs (in my opinion):
- More stability (Correct me if I'm wrong, using openSUSE tumbleweed and
touchscreen crashes as said earlier...)
- A few more gestures (Ability to do right-clicks or to scroll are the
most importent I think..)
- Easy configuration (Perhaps listed as input device and beeing
configureable there)

I hope there is someone who can help me getting started with all this.

Sincerely,
Tristan Wettich