List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KF5 with qmake problems
From:       Kevin Funk <kfunk () kde ! org>
Date:       2015-04-24 7:35:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday, April 24, 2015 08:48:53 Kevin Funk wrote:
> On Friday, April 24, 2015 17:24:34 Christian Gagneraud wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I've just installed kubuntu-15.04, and I'm trying to run this tutorial
> > [1]. I'm using stock Qt5, KF5 and Qt Creator.
> >
> > In my .pro file, I have "QT += KXmlGui KI18n KTextWidgets", but qmake
> > complains with "Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: I18n", if I
> > remove KTextWidgets, then qmake is happy (same happens with QT += KParts).
> >
> > Did I missed something or is it a KF5 or KUbuntu bug?

Whoops. We've just found out this indeed a bug.

In qmake terms, there's only 'KI18n', but no 'I18n'. qt_KTextWidgets.pri
incorrectly references 'I18n', though.

Here's the fix:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=ktextwidgets.git&a=commitdiff&h=b83617d59b14941b1e26d295e9ea300301365321

You could apply the patch locally and be fine.

Thanks for reporting.
Cheers

PS: @devs: We should have really used the 'KF5' prefix for all qmake module
names here. Now there's an inconsistency in the naming scheme for the modules.

Compare:
  KF5::Attica (CMake) - Attica (QMake) vs.
  KF5::I18n (CMake) - KI18n (QMake)

To fix and to avoid SIC we could generate/install an additional set of .pri
files for KF5 which prefixes every module with 'KF5'?

--
Kevin Funk | kfunk@kde.org | http://kfunk.org