List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: timing of KDE5 panel  in login
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-03-27 10:34:34

On Freitag, 27. März 2015 11:21:35 CEST, Takao Fujiwara wrote:
> I'd like to run a custom panel at bottom right in KDE5 for
> ibus(propertypanel.vala):
> https://github.com/ibus/ibus/tree/master/ui/gtk3
>
> Since KDE5 allocates the owned panel at bottom, I try to get
> the desktop height using _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP atom.

Hawhat?
You likely want to monitor _NET_WORKAREA - _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP is the current \
virtual desktop, that gets your zero information on strut restrictions.

> My custom panel runs at login time and tries to get the desktop
> height using _NET_CURRENT_DESKTOP atom but KDE5 panel still is
> not launched.

What does the panel have to do with the current desktop??

=> What information are you precisely interested in?
a) the available screen area (not covered by strutting panels)
b) the moment when plasmashell is running and or
c) has added some specific panel/plasmoid/etc.

Cheers,
Thomas