List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Move thumbnail kioslave and thumbcreator service type to kio?
From:       Alex Merry <alex.merry () kde ! org>
Date:       2015-02-01 11:03:33

On Tuesday 27 January 2015 11:33:10 David Narvaez wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 3:15 PM, David Narvaez
>
> <david.narvaez@computer.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 3:44 AM, David Narvaez
> >
> > <david.narvaez@computer.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> ... and this is another thing but I don't know what the proper answer
> >> is here (i.e., I don't know how the history should look like). I'm
> >> guessing it sortes purely by date.
> >
> > I took another look at this and I don't see the issue here. The oldest
> > entry in my other kio checkout is
> > 93943e First steps at implementing kio_trash so this behavior is not new.
> > Alex?
> I will soon have no time to finish this so, can we either agree this
> is good to go or find exactly what needs to be fixed?

Sorry for the delay.

The history origins look fine to me. If you want to actually examine the
history of a git repo to check it is correct, I suggest using gitk rather than
git log (or use the git log options that give you the actual branching
structure of the history).

However, you have a lot of useless merge commits hanging around on the merged
branch - they have no content (other than the commit message), because you've
correctly wiped the parts of the tree they affect, but they're just noise in
the history.

Alex