List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Move thumbnail kioslave and thumbcreator service type to kio?
From:       David Narvaez <david.narvaez () computer ! org>
Date:       2015-01-21 7:33:39

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 2:10 PM, David Faure <faure@kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 January 2015 08:18:17 David Narvaez wrote:
>> >
>> > I assume to get rid of kdelibs4support and compile with stricter flags?
>>
>> Correct.
>>
>> > Another option would have been to post a RR for the KF5 port of the code
>> > in
>> > its current location, but I guess that's too much work at this point.
>>
>> Bhushan also mentioned this option so if it is really popular, I could
>> do it in that order. I just think it is weird to commit a port and
>> then commit a removal of that code, but that's just me and redoing the
>> patches at kio-extra is not that much a work.
>
> Cleanup before move doesn't seem weird to me.
> Porting away from kdelibs4support would have had to happen even without the
> move, at some point, anyway.
>
> But anyway - either way is fine with me.
>
>> > So A) sounds good to me, but I don't understand the "wait for approval" in
>> > step 1. Surely this is a temp repo, just for reviewing the changes before
>> > they happen in the real destination directory?
>>
>> Yes, approval means someone with more experience in moving code around
>> verifies git history looks OK etc.
>
> Sure, but reviewing the KF5-port that goes on top of that doesn't need to
> *wait* for approval about the git move. It can happen in parallel.

But I think the parent of that porting patch would be a commit that is
not in the kio repo. Anyhow, the repo to review is at

git@git.kde.org:clones/kio/narvaez/kio-new-protocols.git

let me know if you find any issues with it. If it is OK, then I'll
transplant the code into git@git.kde.org:kio.

David E. Narvaez