List:       kde-devel
Subject:    A smarter rbt post?
From:       Milian Wolff <mail () milianw ! de>
Date:       2015-01-14 20:45:44

Hello all,

again, like so many times before, I'm really fed up with rbt post. I hate how
I have to *manually* amend a commit after posting it to the review board with
the REVIEW: $ID line.

I.e. I usually do:

# create multiple local patches
# post them to reviewboard using:
# note: repeat this for every change you created!
# note: don't forget to publish the stuff afterwards...
rbt post -g $githash

Now, one has to ammend all patches to include the reviewboard id:
git rebase -i origin/master
# mark all to ammend
# copy'n'paste the ids in

I keep forgetting this. Are there really no better tools out there which add
this ID automatically when invoking rbt post? Some kind of wrapper?

Also, updating existing reviews is a nightmare, one has to run something like:

rbt post -g -u -r $ID $githash

Again, a wrapper could read the $ID automatically from the commit message.

Did anyone create such a tool yet which I'm not aware of? Am I missing
anything else? In the other thread about future git tools for KDE, there where
(apparently?) quite some people who like ReviewBoard. How do you do the above
without pulling your hair out and throwing your keyboard to the wall?

Bye
--
Milian Wolff
mail@milianw.de