List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Konqueror behaviour
From:       Cristian Savu <chris_savu () shaw ! ca>
Date:       2015-01-01 22:24:08

I'm trying to have konqueror display file sizes in bytes instead of some useless Kikimimibibi whatever.
So what I want is just plain and simple display the integer number of bytes in every file, without any \
other option.

Now I'm not asking anybody here to come up with a patch or anything like that, which would take any of \
your time. I just want to ask if there's anybody tuned in who has knowledge of konqueror sources and can \
point me to exactly which files have to be modified for that. OK? All I want is the source file names \
where I need to change something. Just point me to the files and I'll figure out the rest myself. That \
shouldn't take too much of your time

Basically I want to modify the sources and recompile the debian packages.
More specifically I'm talking about konqueror 4.8.4-2:

kde-baseapps_4.8.4-2.dsc
kde-baseapps_4.8.4.orig.tar.xz
kde-baseapps_4.8.4-2.debian.tar.gz

I want to get these sources and modify them and then rebuild the corresponding debian packages.

All I need is to know where to look.

What I want is a simple change which instead of displaying the text with "14.5 KiB" would display "14543 \
bytes". No other option period. I want this to be achieved in the topmost level of source file possible \
(I mean directly in the konqueror sources not in some library buried in KDE's guts.

Thank you in advance

Cristian