List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KService / KRun / kioexec cannot be started
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-12-28 16:11:50

On Saturday 27 December 2014 13:13:57 Gregor Mi wrote:
> ksnapshot.cpp,472: KRun::run(*service, list, this, isTempfile);
>
> url.isLocalFile():  true
> list:
> (QUrl("file:///home/gregor/dev/src/ksnapshot/build/snapshot_J12635.png") )

OK.

> isTempfile: true

Oh. Ah. This is why kioexec is being used. To delete the temp file once the
app exits.

> return value: true
> (which should probably not be the case because the program did not start
> properly)

Hmm, yeah, but if KRun displays error messages on its own, the app has nothing
else to do.

> debug: command: "/home/gregor/dev/kf5/usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/kioexec
> --tempfiles gwenview %U -caption Gwenview --icon gwenview
> file:///home/gregor/dev/src/ksnapshot/build/snapshot_M18000.png" (so kioexec
> is involved)

Right.

OK, trying to run this command by hand, I see what the problem is:

$KDEDIR/lib64/libexec/kf5/kioexec --tempfiles 'gwenview %U' -caption Gwenview
--icon gwenview /tmp/route.png
Unknown options: c, a, p, t, i, o, n, icon.

It's a command-line parsing problem.
I'll add unittests for KRun::run(service, urls) with and without tempFiles,
and then I'll fix it :-)

> > And why is kded5 not running? It's not installed?
>
> I thought this is maybe normal when developing under KDE4, isn't it?

Not really, no. It can run in parallel with kded4, and you need that, for a
number of things in KF5. So ... is kded5 installed? Not that this is the main
issue here.

--
David Faure, faure@kde.org, http://www.davidfaure.fr
Working on KDE Frameworks 5