List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KService / KRun / kioexec cannot be started
From:       Gregor Mi <codestruct () posteo ! org>
Date:       2014-12-27 12:13:57

thanks for the hint, but isLocalFile() is true. See below for debugging details:

On 26/12/14 14:37, David Faure wrote:
> kioexec is only used when a program that can't handle remote URLs is being
> launched with a remote URL.
>
> I really doubt this is the issue here, or something is very buggy. Are you
> 100% sure that the code tries to run kioexec, with a local file? That should
> not happen.
>
> Ah, maybe ksnapshot constructs a QUrl wrongly, from a local path and without a
> scheme, and then isLocalFile() return false. Debug the contents of the URLs
> being passed to KRun.

ksnapshot.cpp,472: KRun::run(*service, list, this, isTempfile);

url.isLocalFile():  true
list: (QUrl("file:///home/gregor/dev/src/ksnapshot/build/snapshot_J12635.png") )
isTempfile: true

return value: true
(which should probably not be the case because the program did not start properly)

krun.cpp:
,714: bool useKToolInvocation = !(tempFiles || _service.entryPath().isEmpty() ||
!suggestedFileName.isEmpty());
debug: useKToolInvocation: true

,730: return runTempService(_service, _urls, window, tempFiles, suggestedFileName, asn);

,438:     return runCommandInternal(args.join(" "), &_service,
KIO::DesktopExecParser::executablePath(_service.exec()),
                              _service.name(), _service.icon(), window, asn, path);

,344: int pid = KProcessRunner::run(command, executable, id, workingDirectory);

debug: command: "/home/gregor/dev/kf5/usr/lib64/libexec/kf5/kioexec --tempfiles gwenview
%U -caption Gwenview --icon gwenview
file:///home/gregor/dev/src/ksnapshot/build/snapshot_M18000.png" (so kioexec is involved)

debug: pid: 18400

> And why is kded5 not running? It's not installed?

I thought this is maybe normal when developing under KDE4, isn't it?

Regards

Gregor