List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KService / KRun / kioexec cannot be started
From:       Gregor Mi <codestruct () posteo ! org>
Date:       2014-12-26 12:46:05

Hi,

I would need some feedback regarding the following kioexec issue:

I build the latest KF5 from scratch using kdesrcbuild according to [1]. Then I open
ksnapshot and use the SendTo menu to start gwenview for example or kolourpaint. I can see
the application launch feedback cursor but the application does not actually start.

So, since starting an application seems to be a very basic functionality, I wonder if this
is just on my system or if anybody else has this issue, too.

If there are any changes to the current build&runtime setup or things which are not
documented yet, I would like to update the Frameworks/Building wiki article [1].

Regards

Gregor

[1] https://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Building