List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: AppData/AppStream progress in KDE
From:       Matthias Klumpp <matthias () tenstral ! net>
Date:       2014-12-19 12:18:59

> On 19 December 2014 at 10:56, Kevin Funk <kfunk@kde.org> wrote:
>> Would be nice to get details about each validation result as well, if it's
>> easy enough.
>
> Sure, all the logs are here: https://github.com/hughsie/createrepo_as_logs/
>
>> FYI: Just tried to validate kdevelop's appdata file on that page, but
>> http://hughsient.no-ip.biz/validate.php is apparently down.
>
> Yes, apparently my server fell over due to a dead UPS. I'll get it
> working again in an hour or two hopefully.
>
>> appstream-util doesn't seem to be available for my distro (Ubuntu 14.10) yet
>> (going to check how to get it, though).
>
> Install appstream-glib if it's available for your distro. Thanks.

The appstream-glib stuff is not available in Ubuntu 14.10 - you might
try the appstream-validate tool, which does very basic validation, or
compile appstream-glib from source.
Alternatively, you can try the Debian packages.
Ubuntu 15.04 (development version) already has appstream-glib.

Reminds me that I wanted to get in touch with the Muon guys about the
state of their AppStream support... (And to finally get the Debian
generator code merge-ready).
Cheers,
    Matthias