List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KService / KRun / kioexec
From:       Gregor Mi <codestruct () posteo ! org>
Date:       2014-12-19 10:34:25

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I narrowed the problem down to that `kioexec` cannot be started.

I can reproduce that by starting the latest KF5 ksnapshot and invoke any entry in the
SendTo menu.

This call in ksnapshot.cpp fails: (1) `KRun::run(*service, list, this, isTempfile);` It
shows the KToolInvocation but no application appears.

When I change the call to (2) `KRun::run(*service, QList<QUrl>(), this, isTempfile);`
(pass no arguments) the call succeeds.

In case (2) the service executable is started directly. In case (1) kioexec is used which
fails to start.

On the console it says
```
Couldn't start kded5 from org.kde.kded5.service:
QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "The name org.kde.kded5 was not
provided by any .service files") , falling back to running kbuildsycoca5
```

Might this be the reason that kioexec does not work? I am glad for any hint.

Gregor