List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Still time to become a Google Code-In mentor
From:       Valorie Zimmerman <valorie.zimmerman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-12-12 11:28:47

Hello folks, we're having a good time with the students since GCi
began on the first of December. However, we're a bit thin on mentors
still, and running low on tasks. This is an excellent way to introduce
these young people to open source, and to KDE.

Some of the students have submitted patches to Reviewboard already!
And in Kubuntu, JR has gotten some students hooked on packaging. We've
gotten some cool artwork, and many students have built from source for
the very first time.

Think of something which would take you an hour or two, and write it
up! It really is easy to become a mentor:

1. subscribe to KDE-Soc-Mentor list -
https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-soc-mentor

2. login to Melange and connect to KDE, and request to be a mentor -
http://www.google-melange.com/gci/homepage/google/gci2014

3. Ping one of the admins in #kde-soc to assign you as a mentor

4. Post your task on Melange, and ping us to publish it

Valorie
--
http://about.me/valoriez