List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: OAuth in KDE
From:       Daniel Vratil <dvratil () redhat ! com>
Date:       2014-10-26 18:05:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 25 of October 2014 17:09:02 Ashish Bansal wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> Is there any implementation of OAuth for Google Account in KDE?
> I was working on Plasma Media Center bug in which I need to make it support
> Two-Step Authentication for Google Account.

Hi,

we have implementation for Google's OAuth in LibKGAPI (the library that
implements some Google REST APIs, used mostly by KDE PIM). Alternatively I
think that Martin Klapetek is working on the new SSO mechanism (it is called
KAccounts I think) that would support this too.

In both cases you just ask the library for account credentials, the library
does all the dancing and hands you the OAuth tokens in the end.

Regards,
Daniel

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil@redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
Software Engineer - KDE Desktop Team, Red Hat Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348