List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to detect KDE libraries with AutoConf
From:       "T.C. Hollingsworth" <tchollingsworth () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-10-04 11:10:28

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 3:15 AM, Ahmed Ibrahim Khalil
<ahmedibrahimkhali@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've installed libnotify, and the program compiles with libnotify libraries
> but the notifications still are not working on KDE, so I guess we need to
> handle KDE case differently, right ?

I just compiled profanity, logged in, enabled notifications, and sent
myself a test message and a notification popped out of my Plasma
panel as expected.  (KDE 4.14.1/Fedora 20 here.)

So your application isn't doing anything wrong, there's just something
wrong with your setup.  I'd suggest asking your distribution's support
resources for further assistance.

-T.C.