List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE applications 4.14 LTS or 4.15?
From:       Christoph Feck <christoph () maxiom ! de>
Date:       2014-08-17 19:47:09

On Wednesday 04 June 2014 23:00:26 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Ok, so basically do:
>  * 4.14 as planned
>  * 4.15 but we don't call it 4.15 and we call it 14.12 and contains
> kdelibs4/qt4 and kf5 based applications

How do we manage which branches are used for the next application
releases?

Let's say we have an application KMyApp, where the aim is to not
further improve the kdelibs4 version, but port to KF5.

Will that application be released from a new "KDE/14.12" branch, or
from the old "KDE/4.14" branch?

The actual question is: Are we save to merge "frameworks" to "master",
without risking that unfinished work is branched for release later? Or
do we need to keep "master" always stable, and only merge "frameworks"
when it is ready for release?

Christoph Feck (kdepepo)